By now you should be brimming with ideas for useful blog post that will engage and provide value to your audience. You have also been actively promoting your post through social media. While social media sites are a valuable tool for growing your readership and subscribers, don’t overlook other places to spread the word about your valuable content.
There are many places where you can promote your blog. Some are free and others require an investment. Start with the free options. As you begin to see a return on your investment of time, you can use some of your earnings to promote your blog with paid options.
1) Join a forum. This is a simple way promote your blog. Interact with your fellow forum members and include your blog in your signature line, if it’s allowed. If it’s not allowed, there’s usually a folder available within that forum that does allow you to promote your site. Use them.
2) Submit to social bookmarking sites. Write a great, thought provoking post on your blog and submit it to sites like Digg.com or Reddit.com. There are hundreds of people who spend hours at these sites searching for good articles to recommend to their followers. Your blog can get a surge of traffic through this strategic and viral sharing method. Typically, a site has a particular focus, so do some research to find one that is a good fit for your content.
3) Join a blogging community like Biz Sugar or the Google + Community. These sites offer you a way of connecting with other bloggers who may do a review of your blog on theirs, which would help drive more traffic to your site.
4) Create a campaign with Google AdWords or Bing Ads. This will mean purchasing ad on the search engine result pages, but you pay only when someone clicks (this is known as pay per click, or PPC) on the link. Make sure you use the best keywords to get the ad noticed, so that you can drive more traffic to your blog. Google and Bing frequently offer a coupon for first time advertisers.
5) Advertise on popular blogs. Large sites work through sites like BuySellAds.com and BlogAds.com to sell ad space. Smaller blogs might be open to the idea if you approach them directly. Contact some of the blogs that are popular with your target market and see if they would be willing to sell you some advertising space.
I recommend using caution when using paid options. If your site is not converting visitors to subscribers or buyers, do a careful analysis and improve your conversion rate before paying for visitors.
These are just a few of the potential ways to increase visitors to your blog. What has been your experience with promoting your blog?